How do Dogs Sniff Cancer?

How do Dogs Sniff Cancer?
Dogs that have a natural ability that uses smell and intuition to detect disease. Already ample evidence to demonstrate the ability of dogs smell cancer in humans as in the urine or the latest bit of breast cancer.
The world's first scientific study to prove the ability of dogs smell cancer in human urine that was published in the BMJ in 2004.
Claire Guest, CEO of Medical Detection Dogs, said that a dog has a natural ability to use smell and intuition to remind owners of the illness.
"We also carry out research to prove that dogs can smell the different types of cancers, from bladder cancer, breast cancer, melanoma, and our most recent study is to see the ability to detect prostate cancer," said Claire as reported by Dailymail, Wednesday (28 / 9 / 2011)
Long-term goal is to find out whether the cancer has a distinctive odor, so it will help in early diagnosis where the thousands of lives could be saved.


How dogs can sniff cancer?1. Dogs have a sense of smell about a million times better than humans.2. The dog even has its own part of the brain to process smell.3. Several small studies have found a dog can detect the difference between cancer tissue and non-cancerous, although it is not known exactly how they do it.4. Expected, tumors produce chemicals that evaporate easily and can be detected by dogs.5. Researchers will create an 'electronic nose' to perform the same tasks as a dog.6. Medical Detection Dogs trained dogs that have the talent of smell. The dogs will be rewarded when it succeeded in identifying the scent of the urine of patients with cancer hospital.
Recent Cases
Examples of recent cases of how a dog can take to make mistress who turns her breast cancer without the employer himself knew. The case had previously experienced Brenda Jones who feel healthy and feel fine.
But the pet dog named Mrs. Murphy sensed something was wrong. He behaves strangely during the week by scavenging for breast Brenda Brenda left, so make the jump in pain.
Brenda then examine the wounds caused by Mrs. Murphy and found a strange lump. The next day, he went to the GP and got a three-stage diagnosis of the tumor in her breast.
Brenda was taken to hospital to undergo emergency surgery and chemotherapy was continued with the program. He then realized that her beloved dog's five-year-old who had saved his life.
"She sat on my lap all the time, usually it is not so. He headed in my chest and looked at me. After about a week, when I was sitting on the couch, he jumped and his leg on my left breast," says Brenda.
"It's really sick, I remember I then said to my husband, 'Your dog has made me a bruise'. But when I see and examine my breasts, I felt a lump," said Bernda.
Brenda had surgery last June and is currently undergoing chemotherapy program prior to obtaining radiological therapy.
"I'm sure Mrs. Murphy could feel that I have a tumor. If he's not pawing me that day, I would not have been diagnosed. I'm sure he's been eyeing my breasts and I'll always be grateful because he could sense something was wrong," said Brenda.
Brenda and her husband, Martin, has adopted Mrs. Murphy since she was little. His name is Murphy because Brenda and her husband had been baptized with the name Murphy's dog. But a few weeks later, the vet told them that Murphy was a bitch so they replaced it with the name Mrs. Murphy.
Brenda said, "He's a nice dog and I guess I am closer to him than with my own family. He certainly deserves some of his favorite biscuits.
Brenda is 47-year-old will make his debut on the catwalk with a model in a fashion show for charity Breast Cancer Care held at Cardiff City Hall.
Judy Beard, director of marketing funds and Breast Cancer Care, praised Mrs. Murphy since managed to find Brenda's disease. "This suggests that dogs could be a woman's best friend as well. We are very pleased and excited when Brenda was involved in this fashion show. We may have to dress Mrs. Murphy also to accompany her on the catwalk," said Beard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment